The Orvis Barbour Range Rover 125 Year Anniversary Sweepstakes Terms & Conditions
The Orvis Barbour Range Rover 125 Year Anniversary Sweepstakes 2019 – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins on September13, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. and ends on March 31, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m.
Sponsor: Orvis, The Orvis Company, Inc., P.O. Box 798 Manchester, VT 05254-0798.
- Who Can Enter: The Orvis Barbour Range Rover 125 Year Anniversary Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are over 18 years of age at the start of the Promotion Period time of entry. Sweepstakes is void and not applicable in Rhode Island or where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, partners or directors of the Sponsor or Barbour, Jaguar Land Rover John Lewis and UcouldWin Media, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and legal counsel, as well as persons in the immediate family of any person in the preceding category are not eligible to enter or win. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- How to Enter: You can enter the Sweepstakes in one of three (3) methods.
Method 1 (Online): You may enter online by accessing the Sweepstakes web site at orvis.com/roversweeps or other individual subURL provided to selected individuals, complete the online entry form in its entirety, and click on the submit button. Online entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm on March 31, 2020. You may only enter once.
Method 2 (In-Store): You may enter in person at Orvis stores in the United States by completing and submitting specially prepared Sweepstakes Entry Forms (“In-Store Entry(ies)”). An InPerson entrant may have a maximum of one (1) direct entry at an Orvis store.
Additional entries made at other Orvis stores will be invalid and result in entrant disqualification. InPerson Entries must be received by the end of business day on March 31, 2020.
Method 3: You may enter by mail by handwriting your name, address, email address (if any) phone number, and age on plain paper and mail in a number 10 envelope, postage paid, to: Orvis Sweepstakes Entry, PO Box 798, Manchester Vermont USA 05254-0798 (“Mail In Entry(ies)”). One entry per mailed envelope. You may enter by mail by handwriting your name, address, email address (if any), phone number, date of birth on plain paper and mail in a number 10 envelope, postage paid, to: Orvis Sweepstakes Entry, PO Box 798, Manchester Vermont USA 052540798. Mail in entries must be postmarked on or before March 31, 2020 and received by April 15, 2020.
Note: Entries for monthly prizes (i.e. Fourth Prize) must be received within the corresponding month for which the draw is being conducted. For example, the winner for the December monthly prize must have submitted entry(ies) in November.
Total Entries Allowed: Limit two (2) total entries regardless of method of entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor, Barbour or Ucouldwin Media are not responsible for third party failure to follow instructions regarding entries or for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or postage due entries. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Prizes: What You Can Win – There will be one (1) Grand Prize and three (3) Secondary Prizes in this Sweepstakes.
All prizes will be awarded in a random drawing of all eligible entries received and will be conducted on or about May 31, 2020 with the exception of the fourth prize.
FOURTH PRIZE (conducted monthly)
The fourth prize will be conducted EACH MONTH throughout the duration of the sweepstakes on or about 15th of each following month. There will be a total of seven (7) monthly draws, (see below: 5. Notification and Redemption for further details).
GRAND PRIZE: One Grand Prize winner will receive: One (1) A fully restored 1995 Range Rover County (Classic Long Wheel Base (LWB)) – approximate retail value of Grand Prize $125,000 USD.
1995 Range Rover County (Classic LWB)
Description: This 1995 Range Rover Classic LWB in iconic Epsom Green sports a new 4.6L engine. It has been carefully refurbished with a million new parts and modern technologies by the highly skilled, dedicated team. Finished with one-of-a-kind Barbour interior detailing, it’s the ultimate Range Rover that will undoubtedly stand out in a crowd and provide an unaltered, mechanical connection between driver and vehicle, something that is becoming increasingly rare in today’s auto market. The driver of this vehicle will enjoy an impressive analog, old-world machine experience with a newly rebuilt mechanical integrity that is suited to off-road domineering as to chauffeuring.
SECONDARY PRIZES: Three Secondary Prize winners will receive:
Second Prize: – One (1) exclusive Men’s 125 Year Anniversary Orvis Barbour Beauchamp Jacket (Winner may substitute for an Orvis gift card of equivalent value)
Approximate retail value: $629 USD.
Third Prize: One (1) exclusive Women’s 125 Year Anniversary Orvis Barbour Bedale Jacket (Winner may substitute for an Orvis gift card of equivalent value)
Approximate Retail Value: $629 USD.
Fourth Prize – Monthly draws for a $500 Orvis gift card
Approximate Retail Value of all seven (7) monthly draws combined is $3,500 USD
Complete List of All Prizes with Approximate Retail Value (see further details for each prize above)
First Prize (Grand Prize) 1995 Range Rover County (Classic
Second Prize Men’s 125 Year Anniversary Orvis
Barbour Beauchamp Jacket
Third Prize One (1) Exclusive Women’s 125 Year
Anniversary Orvis Barbour Bedale
Fourth Prize (Monthly draw*) Orvis Gift Card $500 USD
* Total 7 monthly draws will be conducted each month for the duration of the sweepstakes
No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted except by Sponsor or UcouldWin Media, who, in the event of prize unavailability or any other reason, reserve (1) the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value; and (2) the right to substitute cash for any merchandise prize. All prizes must be redeemed within one (1) year of prize confirmation. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes.
- Notification and Redemption for all prizes: Chosen at random, All selected winners will only be notified of their selection via email, social media and/or telephone within fourteen (14) days after the winner draw date of the sweepstakes, May 31, 2020. To receive a prize, selected winners must provide proof of identity within thirty (30) days of prize notification. Failure of selected winner to respond to prize notification or return of prize notification as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of the right to receive any prize, and prize will be awarded to an alternate selected winner. The alternative selected winner must comply with the proof of identification 30-day requirement as noted above.
5a. Fourth Prize – Monthly Draws for $500 Orvis Gift Card:
Monthly Draws will begin in November 2019 and be conducted each subsequent month based on entries received from the previous month. The drawing will be conducted on or about the 15th of each month. For example, the draw conducted on or about December 15th is based on November entries received. (Note: The November draw will be unique in that it will include all entries received from the start of the sweepstakes – September 13 to October 30, 2019).
Grand Prize Redemption by Winner of the 1995 Range Rover County (Classic LWB) – meaning the winner takes possession and is handed-over of the keys and ownership registration. The winner agrees to accept the 1995 Range Rover County (Classic LWB) , VIN: SALHC13475A656684
AS IS, meaning the winner accepts the 1995 Range Rover County (Classic LWB) AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS and does not hold sponsors, Orvis, Barbour, or John Lewis Partners or Ucouldwin Media for any damage or personal liability claims before or after taking possession of the vehicle.
The Range Rover County will be delivered to the Grand Prize Winner’s entry address, or one specified by the winner if a PO Box is used, approximately forty (40) days after the 30 day notification period ends.
The winner must have satisfactorily complied with the proof of identity prize notification requirement as noted above (within 30 days) and additionally agrees to permit the Sponsor three (3) days of promotional campaign filming to use the Range Rover County for such purpose. Therefore the grand prize winner agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Barbour, Jaguar Land Rover and the John Lewis Partnership
to use the 1995 Range Rover County (Classic LWB) for three (3) days of promotional campaign filming which will take place during the specified forty (40) days delivery period noted above. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes if the winner disputes or refuses to comply with the forty (40) day delivery time-frame and three (3) days of filming.
The winner is invited to attend without obligation and may possibly be included in the three days of promotional filming. Reasonable travel and accommodation expenses will be arranged for the winner should the winner decide to accept the invitation.
The prize is non-refundable and there is no cash alternative.
Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw this promotion at any time without prior notice.
Sponsor and its partners including Barbour, Jaguar Land Rover, John Lewis Partnership and UcouldWin Media are not responsible, whether as a result of human error or otherwise, for any failure to contact any selected winner. Entrants are solely responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all information submitted, including email addresses for entrant. The Prize Winners may be required by the Sponsor to complete legal documentation such as Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release in order to receive the Prize.
- Miscellaneous: Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. All prizes will be awarded in a random drawing of all eligible entries received and will be conducted on or about May 31, 2020. All taxes, fees and all other expenses and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use each winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any media without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor will not nor does it make any representations or warranties including without limitation, implied warranties of merchantable quality and fitness of any awarded product or prize. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any selected winner. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL OR MODIFY THE SWEEPSTAKES IF FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES INCLUDING ANY NETWORK, SERVER OR HARDWARE FAILURE OR ANY OTHER FACTOR BEYOND SPONSOR’S REASONABLE CONTROL IMPAIRS THE INTEGRITY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. IN THE EVENT OF
SUCH IMPAIRMENT, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SELECT WINNERS AT RANDOM FROM ALL REGISTERED ENTRANTS AT TIME OF SUCH IMPAIRMENT, AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR. In the event of a
dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry shall be deemed submitted by an “authorized email account holder”. “Authorized email account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address at the time of entry by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Conditions of entry: By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor as Judge of the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding in all respects, (iii) agree that no claim relating to such damages, losses or injuries shall be asserted against Sponsor or its partners including Barbour, John Lewis Partnership, Jaguar Land Rover, UcouldWin Media, or their agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies, and (iv) agree that Sponsor , Barbour, Jaguar Land Rover, the John Lewis Partnership and Ucouldwin Media may use your details for marketing purposes. Entrants may receive marketing information from the Sponsor, Jaguar Land Rover, Barbour and the John Lewis Partnership and may be contacted by them for promotional purposes or market research. If the winner takes part in Sponsor’s promotional campaigns (as detailed above in “Grand Prize Redemption by Winner”), by entering the competition, you agree Sponsor, Barbour, Jaguar Range Rover and the John Lewis Partnership may use the still and video imagery in which the 1995 Range Rover County (Classic LWB) is featured for marketing and promotional purposes for no further fees and by whatever media including online, retail store advertising, social media and email advertising on a commercial basis, worldwide.
Barbour will have the right to use, copy, edit, add to and publish in a public forum such materials.
All entries become the property of Sponsor. This sweepstakes is subject to U.S., state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor and its partners (including Barbour, Jaguar Land Rover, John Lewis Partnership), UcouldWin Media, or their agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies (i) make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning any prize, (ii) disclaim any implied warranty; and (iii) are not in any way responsible or liable for damage, loss or injury resulting from altered, late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, inaudible, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries, or human, telephone, computer, online, or technical malfunctions or failures (including network unavailability and disconnections), or acceptance and use of a prize or travel in connection with such prize. Proof of transmission and/or mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Winner assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the promotion, or by the acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and its partners (including Barbour, Jaguar Land Rover, John Lewis Partnership) and Ucouldwin Media assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or
inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
- Restrictions: The following are prohibited and will result in automatic, permanent expulsion from the Sweepstakes: (1) Entering more than one email address at a time; (2) Entering the Sweepstakes more than the once allowed number of times for each method or more than two (2) times regardless of method of entry; (3) Viewing or tampering with the Sponsors or UcouldWin Media system, or its source
code or data; (4) Using any method that artificially increases odds of winning; (5) Noncompliance with the official rules of the Sweepstakes; and (6) Any other act which Sponsor reasonably determines in their sole discretion jeopardizes the integrity of the Sweepstakes.
- Who Won: A winners list will be available at orvis.com/roversweepswinners after July 31, 2020. As an entrant, you agree that your name (first and second name) can be used publicly by the Sponsor in the event you are a successful winner but only for the purposes only of naming the winners.