The Orvis Fall Vermont Trip Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Sweepstakes begins on August 4th, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 19th, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INC. OR INSTAGRAM, INC.
1. Eligibility: The Orvis® Fall Vermont Trip Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal US. residents currently residing in the 50 United States including the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age (19 in AL and NE; 21 in MS) or older as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of The Orvis Company (“Sponsor”) or any of its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All entrants must have access to the Internet prior to the start of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsor: The Orvis Company, 178 Conservation Way, Sunderland, VT 05250.
3. How to Enter: To enter, visit https://subscribe.orvis.com/enter-the-orvis-fall-vermont-trip-sweepstakes-react-2021/ and complete and submit the entry form during the Sweepstakes Period.
Limit one (1) entry per person and per email address. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win.
Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers may use entrants’ and/or referrals’ personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by Sponsor, such as to notify them of a product or Sweepstakes that Sponsor thinks may be of interest.
Bulk, automated and/or third party entries are prohibited and will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Sweepstakes will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
4. Winner Selection: On or about September 20, 2021, Sponsor will select the name of the potential prize in a random drawing from among all entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by email at the address provided in the entry form, on or about September 23, 2021. The potential winner must sign and return, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification being sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and where legally permissiblePublicity Release (collectively “Winner Documentation”) in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted via email after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Winner Documentation or other required document within the required time period, or in the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
Verification of Potential Winner: POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. Prizes: One (1) prize will be awarded to one (1) winner, consisting of: (i) two (2) nights hotel accommodations at the Equinox Golf Resort & Spa in Manchester, Vermont (“Resort”) for winner and his or her guest (“Guest”), which shall be one (1) standard room based on double occupancy (approximate retail value (“ARV”): $500.00); (ii) round trip economy class air transportation to and from the Resort for winner and Guest from airport closest to winner’s home provided, however, that if the winner lives within a 250 mile radius of Manchester, Vermont, Sponsor will provide round trip ground transportation to and from the winner’s home; (iii) a Resort adventure stipend of one thousand U.S. dollars ($1,000.00) in the form of a credit to be used at the Resort; and (iv) a five hundred dollar ($500) Orvis gift card. Use of the prepaid card and gift card is subject to card issuer terms and conditions—see card documents for full details. All meals and other expenses not expressly specified herein are the responsibility of the winner. The total ARV of the prize is two thousand and eight hundred U.S. dollars ($2,800.00)..
If, for any reason, including but not limited to the Covid-19 pandemic, Sponsor is unable to provide the Resort accommodations Sponsor reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value which may include resort accommodations, transportation to and from, and an adventure stipend at an alternative hotel (which may or may not be in Manchester, Vermont) in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No other substitution, transfer or cash equivalent is permitted except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The ARV is subject to change and may vary based on the winner’s residence and current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
Prize Restrictions: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other Sweepstakes or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, the winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised prize available.
Travel must be completed by November 1, 2021. Prize winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary and must travel together. Travel subject to availability and blackout dates. Winner and Guest are responsible for making all travel arrangements to and from the Resort and obtaining all necessary travel documents. Certain travel restrictions may apply. If winner elects to travel or participate in the prize travel without a Guest, no additional compensation will be awarded. If winner elects to travel or participate in the prize travel with more than one (1) guest, such additional guests shall be responsible for any and all costs associated with such travel. Winner and Guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner’s Guest must also sign and return a Release of Liability prior to departure. If Winner’s Guest is a minor, Release must be signed by Guest’s parent or legal guardian. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, those set forth by the selected airline carrier as detailed in the passenger ticket contract and any requirements set forth by the Resort. Winner agrees to abide by any health and safety protocols instituted by the Resort or that portion of the prize will be forfeited. Lost, stolen, or damaged airline tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any hotel or transportation company (including without limitation their employees, agents, and contractors) providing services in connection with this Sweepstakes. Travel accommodations may not be eligible for loyalty program points or upgrades.Winner and Guest must comply with all hotel check-in and check-out requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a payment card. All hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately.
In the event winner and/or Guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send winner and/or Guest home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to winner and/or Guest (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in such winner’s disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of any and/or all prizes or portion(s) thereof. In the event winner and/or Guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects winner and/or Guest to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by winner and/or Guest as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF WINNER’S AND/OR GUEST’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
6. General Conditions: If, for any reason (including, without limitation, the Covid-19 pandemic), the Sweepstakes is not capable of being run as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof), in which case Sponsor shall have no obligation to award any prizes following the date of termination; (b) void any suspect entries; (c) modify or suspend the Sweepstakes to address any impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (d) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
7. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Sweepstakes, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
8. PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES:
By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INTERNET SITE WWW.ORVIS.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THE SWEEPSTAKES CANNOT OPERATE AS PLANNED OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, ACTUAL OR THREATENED PUBLIC HEALTH CRISES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, EPIDEMICS AND PANDEMICS AND GOVERNMENT DIRECTIVES RELATED THERETO), WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE ENTRY WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Publicity Release. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNER GRANTS TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
9. Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Vermont or the appropriate State Court located in Bennington County, Vermont; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Vermont, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Vermont or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Vermont.
11. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed #10 envelope for receipt by December 31, 2021 to: Orvis Digital Marketing, 178 Conservation Way, Sunderland, VT 05250 For a list of winners available after September 30, 2021, send a stamped, self-addressed #10 envelope for receipt by December 31, 2021 to: Orvis Digital Marketing, 178 Conservation Way, Sunderland, VT 05250
Copyright ©2021 The Orvis Company. All rights reserved.
SWEEPSTAKES ABBREVIATED RULES
1. Abbreviated Rules to be Used in All Advertising (except as set out below):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited and outside US. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. (and DC) who are 18 yrs+ (19 yrs+ in AL and NE, 21 yrs+ in MS) at entry. Sweepstakes begins 12:00 AM ET on August 4th, 2021 and ends 11:59 PM ET on September 19, 2021. To enter, visit https://subscribe.orvis.com/enter-the-orvis-fall-vermont-trip-sweepstakes-2021-2/ and complete and submit the entry form. Prize: 1 winner will receive (i) a two-night stay for winner and a guest at the Equinox Golf Resort & Spa in Manchester, VT; (ii)round trip transportation to and from the resort ; (iii) a $1,000 Resort adventure stipend; and (iv) a $500 Orvis gift card. Total ARV of the prize: $2,800. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. For complete rules and eligibility requirements, https://subscribe.orvis.com/the-orvis-fall-vermont-trip-sweepstakes-terms-and-conditions-2021/. Sponsor: The Orvis Company.
Copyright ©2021 The Orvis Company. All rights reserved.
2. Abbreviated Rules for Facebook:
Please include with any posting to promote the promotion, on the Sponsor’s Facebook page, and anywhere else on Facebook. Please note: If the entry page appears on Facebook, we recommend that you use the Abbreviated Rules for All Advertising (above).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited and outside US. Must be a legal US resident 18+ (19+ in AL and NE, 21+ in MS) at entry. Click here for official rules.
3. Abbreviated Rules for Instagram:
If possible, put full, All Advertising abbreviated rules from Section 1 at bottom of picture ad, making sure to include a full URL if referring entrants to full rules online (since Instagram doesn’t support click-through links).
At the very least, include the Facebook abbreviated rules from Section 2 (also making sure to include a full URL if referring entrants to full rules online (since Instagram doesn’t support click-through links)).
Alternatively, or in addition to the above, include “NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Click link in bio for official rules” in first comment below picture, and make sure to add the link to the full rules in company Instagram profile bio.